Sunday, October 12, 2008

Last Part of our Vacation!!!

I know I am way, way behind..... But the last part of our California vacation was the Yankee games. We had a lot of fun as always and got some really good autos.


After 3 straight days of baseball, we bring the DVD player to help our 4 year old to not go crazy:)


Kennedy does really well at the games.

I was really excited to get my picture taken with Joba. I had one of Garrett's T-shirts that says "Joba Rules in the Bronx" He saw it from way in the outfield, pointed to me and then came right to where I was and signed Garrett's Beckett magazine. I was shaking so bad. The picture is horrible, but it was fun to meet him.

Reggie Jackson is not a very nice guy. We saw him walking out and I said "Mr. Jackson, I know you are busy but could you please sign my ball." He says, "I'm not busy, I just don't want to sign your ball." But he did anyway and many other people's as well. Garrett asked if Dallin could take his picture with him and he did not say yes or know just walked up to him and did not even smile. And by the way most people that we get to take their picture with Dallin bend down to his level. Reggie is a piece of work.

****I also talked to A-Rod. We had Kennedy down with us, (where else would she go???) and we were standing right at field level during warm up and batting practice. Garrett was leaning over getting something out of his backpack and A-Rod came over to talk to me. He told me to be careful because he has a daughter K's age and a ball could bounce up and hit her. Garrett in the mean time has stood up and was totally taken off guard to A-Rod talking to me. We were both, ashamedly star struck and did not ask for his autograph. We just told him thank you very much for his concern. We are kicking ourselves now for at least not asking, but what do ya do. Some of the ushers at Angel Stadium were asking me what he said because they had never seen him talk to a fan like that. Kind of fun hah!

2 comments:

janae said...

you yankee fans, isn't it interesting how different athletes act. What a putz Reggie Jackson is.It was good to see you. How are you doing?

Kes said...

so i don't know ANY of those baseball players (i get to emotional watching sports so therefore i try to avoid it-except when we had season tickets to the jazz last year and the playoffs...but still i'm way to emotional if i lose) but that is SO COOL that you talked to a few of the players!!!

kenz looks so dang cute!