Sunday, October 12, 2008

In Loving Memory.....





My grandpa Dahn way by far the very best man that I have ever known. He past away on October 5, 2008. He died of old age, and our family takes comfort that he has moved on to a better place where he is happy. He hated being old and not being able to do the things he once did. He was more like a father to me and my brother and sister in many ways. He was always there for us and filled in where my own dad could and did not. He gave us every fathers blessings, he baptised and confirmed my brother and sister and he administered the blessing that saved my life, or saved me from severe brain damage 8 years ago. He was my spiritual mentor and guide. If I ever had a question I went right to my grandpa and he knew the answer. We have been reminiscing the past week about him and one thing that he always did was anything the prophet said. Always. And he did it right when the prophet said. He did not wait. He was a great example to all who knew him.
His great pride and joy in this world was his family. He has 4 daughters, 16 grandkids and 20 great grandchildren. He had a personal relationship with each and every one of us. We all felt like the most important in his eyes. I am very blessed to have had him for a grandpa. I am also blessed that I was able to fly to Salt Lake a week before he died to say good bye to him and to tell him thank you for everything he has done for me. He bought me my flute that I played and took lessons through junior high. I wanted to thank him and give tribute to him so I asked if I could play it at his funeral. His lasting legacy is his unwavering testimony in our savior Jesus Christ. He has left it in letters for all his grandchildren. I will forever treasure it and try my hardest every day to not disappoint him and live up to his legacy. I love you and will miss you Grandpa Dahn.

2 comments:

janae said...

What a great tribute you just gave Grandpa Dahn. Those pictures you have of him are priceless. I didn't know you played the flute at his funeral, that is really special. He was an amazing man and has an amazing legacy that he has left behind:)

Joe and Marci said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, and that was a beautiful tribute to your Grandpa. What a great man - everyone needs someone like that in their lives.