Wednesday, December 17, 2008

SNOW IN LAS VEGAS?????????

We could not believe it when it started snowing in Las Vegas. The kids wanted to hurry and go outside before it stopped. Little did we know that it would snow all afternoon and night. We had so much fun playing in it. I was shocked when it started to stick and now we have at least a few inches and it is supposed to snow all night. Garrett's work shut down early and I laughed at first and then he remined me that there is no snow plows and salt in Las Vegas and no one even owns shovels. So it made a lot more sense to me. But coming from Utah it seemed silly. It was a fun novelty at first, now we are worried about all our palm trees freezing and dying.
This is when it first started to stick. He started out in a sweatshirt because I did not think it would get much more than this.
Even Zoey liked the snow.

Kennedy of course had to get in on the action. It was so cute to see the kids in the snow. Nothing like my childhood, where snow is a novelty.






4 comments:

Kari said...

Totally crazy, right?! How much did you get at your house? I think Anthem got hit the hardest - we have seven inches at our house! Now it totally feels like Christmas!!

janae said...

I can't even believe it. Flights were diverted into SLC because they couldn't land in Vegas. How crazy is that. I am glad you got a little snow down there for Christmas, see you soon!

Joe and Marci said...

Whoa, I can't believe my eyes! That looks like our backyard (except for the swimming pool, of course :)
Your kids look like they are having a blast!!

Kes said...

i remember snow last year down there (i think it was last year) but it didn't stick so this was a big deal! of course we have a foot of snow here but this is Utah after all. hope you guys had a wonderful new year. miss ya.