Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Quick trip to the Beach

We went on a spur of the moment trip to San Diego 2 weekends ago. We decided Thursday morning and left Thursday afternoon and came home Saturday night. It was unusually spontaneous for us, but a lot of fun. We had to pick up some frames being done for Garrett and 2 baseball players were at different locations signing autographs so we did it all. One of the signings was at the San Diego county fair so we had a blast hanging out there. Then we went to the beach for a few hours and played. It was Kennedy's first time in the sand and she loved it. We are going a lot this summer. It just kind of worked out that way. But our kids are still young enough that it works out okay.

















101 Cafe in Oceanside, California


San Diego State had a booth at the fair and let the kids try on the different football pad and uniform. It was really heavy, I am suprised he did not fall over.

Playing at the fair.


This is a picture of Jake Peavy and Dallin. Peavy is a pitcher for the San Diego Padres and a really nice guy. He agreed to take his picture with Dallin. We got his autograph and Tony Gwynn's (a hall of famer that used to play for the Padres) this weekend.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Garrett and Jackie, I found your blog on the BHS site. You look so happy and great! Your kids are beautiful, too. If you'd like an invite to my blog, email me at kristiaskew@gmail.com and we'll chat. I hope all is well! Take care, and tell Tiffany hello from Dan! Kristi (Taylor) Askew

Kari said...

How fun to be spontaneous! Looks like you had a fabulous time! Great pics, too. Love the one with Dallin in the football gear. That boy is ALL boy for sure!

Let's do lunch sometime. :)

Lisa said...

How Fun!!! D and I are missing O-side so much. We can't wait to get back. I am sure the first chance D gets to taks some time off, we will be heading to Oceanside.

Amanda said...

Hello, I can't remember if I have sent you an invite or not, so if I haven't email me @ finlayson@q.com. Because I would love to keep in touch! Your family is so beautiful! Amanda (Yates) Finlayson

steph said...

garrett and jackie, soooo good to see your cute family. you guys look great and i can't stand how cute your kids are! hope you are doing well. when will we see you again? hope soon!

Lisa said...

Jackie-
Your family is so adorable! I'm a new blogger and found your blog on my sister-in-law's blog. It's so fun to see your cute pictures.
Lisa (Valdivieso) Blanck
blanck.lisa@gmail.com

Perry's said...

Hmm first the Yankees game and now Oceanside (we were just there) looks like we both have good taste, glad you had fun!

Kes said...

I LOVE the picture of Dallin on your back!!!! I'm so sad we didn't get to see you last weekend. Next time FOR SURE!